Friday, August 29, 2008

Asking Tarot Questions

In crafting a Tarot question, I agree with Joan Bunning (“Learning the Tarot”). In three of her key points, she stresses to (1) accept responsibility, (2) keep your options open, and (3) be positive. For me, by remembering these particular “rules“, I receive the guidance of the Tarot more effectively.

A story of my family illustrates what happens when you are sloppy in creating your question. As a young man, my grandfather had to decide whether to return to Nova Scotia (Canada) or move to British Columbia. At the time, he was living in Manitoba. He asked the trains: “Should I go west or east?” When he arrived at the station, the west-bound train had just pulled out. The east-bound train was due shortly, so he took it. Years afterwards, he blamed the trains for his resulting bad luck and misery.

My grandfather did not accept responsibility for his situation. By asking a yes or no question, he ceded his authority to the trains. In my grandfather’s case, he did not wish to make the decision. Instead, he preferred to blame the trains. In accepting responsibility, you decide on your terms what to decide from the many choices that the Tarot presents.

In keeping your options open, you allow for multiple possibilities in solving your problem. In his question, my grandfather already knew the answer. He merely wanted the train to confirm it. If he had asked “why” instead of “should“, he would have had an array of choices. By limiting your options, you will receive an answer that is wrong for you.

Phrase your question in a confident manner, and you will set up a positive framework for your choices. Asking a negative question sets you up for failure. By being positive, you will have an attractive array of choices. Remember that the Tarot is a tool, that offers you its wisdom.

-----------

Copyright: Virginia Carper, Animal Teachers, 2008
Contact me for readings: animalteachers @ gmail.com

No comments: