Thursday, June 11, 2009

Adventures in Astrology: Me in different systems

After reading descriptions of the various Astrological Systems in different cultures, I decided I am a Libra. My friends tell me that I am diplomatic and tactful. Since I am an enthusiastic leader, my friends also think I would make a splendid Fire Dragon of Chinese astrology. Meanwhile, in the system of Medicine Wheel Astrology, I relate mostly to Beaver, because I like these animals immensely. They build and improve their surroundings. In the Celtic Tree Astrology, I prefer Birch because I am always seeking the light. In addition, many people tell me that I am tolerant and resilient.

After studying the dates for each of the Astrology Signs that I chose, I realized that they are at different seasons of the year. Because I am in tuned with the seasons, I can transition easily from each, and look forward to the next one. For me, the beaver builds in the spring after the birch of winter seeks the light. Autumn, the great equalizer symbolized by Libra, cools the heat of summer stoked by Fire Dragon. Since I am a generalist, I am not surprised by any of this. As a rule, I have always had trouble specializing in any one subject.

----------
Copyright: Virginia Carper, 2009

No comments: