Sunday, December 27, 2009

Basic Divination: Working With Various Types


When I worked with various types of basic divination, I had several problems. First was the mechanics of setting them up to do divination. Two was trying to eliminate personal bias from each method. Finally I had to cope with their lack of accuracy.

In setting up water divination, I had to find a shallow bowl to place the three pieces of paper into. Unless the slips were tiny, they overlapped in the bowl, where I poured the water in. This mattered since the one on top would float to the top first. Also this divination was messy to do repeated times.



Since it was late fall, I could not find a daisy or dandelion as required by flower divination. Therefore, I decided to use roses, which I could easily obtain. During the process of doing this type of divination, I discovered that you could mathematically predict the answer. If you have several roses to choose from, all you need to do is count the petals. So achieving an unbiased outcome was problematic.

Throwing dice was also problematic. Procuring the dice was difficult. For some reason, throwing the dice for me was also difficult. Again my bias would crop up in throwing the dice. It may seem unlikely but if you are skilled enough, you can manipulate the dice to give you the outcome you want.

Stones and coins also had their problems of bias. You could not prevent it from cropping up. If you wanted a certain answer, odds were great that you could achieve it. Along with the bias was the accuracy problem. I had to learn to ask questions of subjects I knew the most about. If divining is to ascertain an idea of the future, then these methods failed since they were inaccurate about unknown things. (I failed miserably in predicting the outcomes of various sports teams.)



Divination by stones seemed to suit me best. I could set up a Roman-style of divination. (I practice Roman bird augury.) The choices of “Yes, No, and Maybe” could be transformed into “Yes, No, The Gods don’t care”. The “Maybe” stone offered a sense of latitude that was missing in the others.

Dowsers claim that divining attunes you to your subconscious which in turn is linked to the collective universes. Since I understand that, I could view stone divination in a different light. Setting the question up allowed my subconscious to free itself of bias. I could do stone divination, and not worry about the accuracy. My rate of correct predications was seventy percent, which I considered to be accurate. Therefore I would use stones frequently as a form of basic divination.

No comments: