Friday, July 10, 2015

Runes: "Double Chevron" Spread

An explanation of Runes (opens new window)

For the third reading, I used another spread from Krasskova’s book. The Double Chevron spread, which consists of two intertwined “V’s,” helps people to look into the Well of the Wyrd and uncover any spiritual influences that are in their lives. In this spread, Runes 6, 7, and 8 intersect Runes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 at Runes 2 and 4. The corner Runes 1, 5, 6, and 8 are the external influences on the questioner. The interior Runes 2, 3, 4 and 7 are the internal influences coming from the questioner.

 My question for the Runes was “Do you have any guidance for me about my brain injury.” I am at a crossroads on what my direction in life should be now. I felt the need to consult the Runes about this.

 For the external influences, I drew (1) Dagaz, (5) Eihwaz, (6) Perthro and (8) Thurisaz. (Their traditional meanings are “day,” “horse,” “dice” and “thorn.”) Dagaz said to me to expect rapid change, and Eihwaz pointed out that the transformation will come from the Worlds. Perthro indicated that that source would be the Well of the Wyrd, whilst Thurisaz counseled that this would be a focused change.

 The internal influences were (2) Fehu, (3) Algiz, (4) Isa and (7) Hagalaz. (Their meanings are “wealth,” “elk,” “ice” and “hail” respectively.) Fehu told me of the connection from the Gods, one of which is protection (Algiz). Isa, to me, represented the dynamic interactions that are provided by having boundaries. Hagalaz told me again of the descent into the Realms of the Dead. As I go into those places, I will be protected with gifts from the Gods, which also includes firm boundaries.

From the entirety of the reading, I see that my injury placed me between the Worlds of the Dead and the Living, where I have a foot in both. My injury has transformed me and I must embrace it, instead of fighting it. Since public blogging is now an aspect of my new direction, I can be a voice for all the animals.

No comments: