Thursday, September 22, 2016

Tarot: Who Am I in the Cards

I took one of those quizzes about "who are you in the cards?" I took the quiz to find what member of the Tarot Court that I am. The quiz itself is based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), which is said to show how people perceive the world and operate in it. Personally, I have problems with the MBTI because it divides people into four groups of four. As someone who is familiar with statistics, I find the MBTI methodology suspect. I regard MBTI as something that either you believe in the results or you do not.
 
 The questions that this quiz asked assumes that the person who takes it is neuro-typical with a fully functioning brain. They also have a normal perception of life and not a distorted one. These people can choose whatever they will whenever they want. Since everything I do costs brain function, I have to choose what favorite activity that I can do. Also, since my visual perception has been damaged from my injury, I see the world literally differently from most people.

 The quiz came up with two cards for me – the Queen of Pentacles and the Knight of Pentacles. I think that this reflects the divide between my injury and my desires. The Knight is reliable and trustworthy but prosaic, while The Queen is creative and mature. This reflects both my unpredictable brain and my creative problem solving.

No comments: