Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Me in the Tarot: Zodiac House Spread (1)

To get a feel of where I am today, I decided to use the Zodiac Spread. Reflecting on each of the Houses, I could review the various aspects of myself. This spread would give me a holistic reading of myself.

1. FIRST HOUSE: PHYSICAL SELF: Death (XIII)
Death (XIII) is appropriate for me. With my brain injury, I am going through a transition. My old life that I knew is over. I am now embarking on a new one.

2. SECOND HOUSE: VALUES AND SELF-ESTEEM: The Hermit (IX)
Like the Hermit (IX), I withdrew into my cave after my accident. Because of my shaking and stuttering, I feel alone. In my readings, the Hermit appeared three times reminding me of my solitude. However, I am still searching for the light as the Hermit (IX).
3. THIRD HOUSE: COMMUNICATION AND KNOWLEDGE: The Magician (I)
The Magician (I) reminds me that I am an alchemist. I can manifest much of what I need. Moreover, the Magician (I) showed up three times in my readings to remind me that I have the power to create a new life for myself.

4. FOURTH HOUSE: HOME AND FAMILY: The Knight of Wands
Dynamic and determined, I am also impetuous. My family call me “Squirrellie” because of this behaviour. In my readings, the Knights of the Minor Arcana have appeared ten times. They are there to remind me of my impulsive tendencies.

5. FIFTH HOUSE: CREATIVITY AND FUN: The High Priestess (II)
The High Priestess (II) does not seem to me to be a fun character. Perhaps, She has a wry sense of humour to appear here in this reading. I often think of the High Priestess (II) as Jane Austen, observing the world around her, and following her muse. She does encourage me to follow my intuition to play and enjoy myself.

6. SIXTH HOUSE: WORK AND RESPONSIBILITY: The Knight of Swords
I rush forward when I need to stop and think. Although I am confident, I am not ready to go out into the world just yet. If I go too quickly, I could reinjure myself by pushing my brain too much. The two Knights (Wands and Swords) gently remind me of my tendency to go first and ask questions later.
---------------

No comments: