Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tarot: Body Mind Spirit Spread (1)


Using the “Body-Mind-Spirit” Spread, I did four readings. (Because one reading left me with more questions, I drew two more cards after that reading for more illumination.) My overview of this spread is that it is a story in three chapters. The positions were further highlighted when the same cards appeared in two of the readings in different places.

In the first spread, I asked how I should deal with my brain injury. Because of it, I have problems of perception. The cards that were dealt were The Chariot (VII), Ace of Cups, and Seven of Wands respectively. The story, they told was to accept help and stop struggling by yourself. The Chariot (VII) (body) emphasised let yourself be carried forward. The Ace of Cups (mind) said allow yourself to be healed. And finally Seven of Wands (spirit) said stop struggling. (This card reminded me of fighting all by myself against the world.)



In my second reading, I asked how I could help my son in his college life. The Ace of Cups, Two of Pentacles, and Seven of Wands came up respectively. (The sex of the characters on the cards was important since they featured young men.) The Two of Pentacles (mind) suggested that he had to balance his body and spirit by himself. The Ace of Cups (body) suggested that I provide him with basic needs, so that he could fight his own battles. The Seven of Wands (spirit) emphasised that I need to get out of his way, and allow him to mature.

No comments: