Monday, August 02, 2010

Sleep Meditation: Pillow Pets (TM)

To do the sleep meditation, I formulated a mental slide show of various “Pillow Pets”™. As their commercial states “Pillow Pets ™ is a sweet soft lovable pet that is also a pillow!” As I centered myself, images of cute animals like "Buzzy Bumble Bee", "Squeaky Dolphin", "Ms Lady Bug", and so forth would move slowly across my mind. As they paraded through my conscious, I would chant “Sleep is calling. Sleep is calling.” As the slide show continued, I would drift off to sleep.

As I softened off to sleep, my mind would become quiet. While I chanted, I would become safe and warm. Now relaxed, I moved out of space and time, and floated away in my bed. The more I practiced, the more I was able to fall asleep almost at once.

What happened next was surprising to me. I could remember what went on in my brain whilst asleep. Usually when I went to bed I would blackout as if in a coma, and wake up the next day, with no memory of the day before. After doing the meditation, I instead would have the same dream every night. It was of lights blinking and moving along in several lines. These coloured lights would glow in the dark as they moved in their rows. I believe that the neuro-pathways of my brain were clearing themselves. When I woke up, I would feel as if that part of the brain was being healed. This sleep meditation seemed to help my brain to recover.
-----------------------

The Official TV Site of the Original Pillow Pets ™! http://www.pillowpets.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

No comments: