Saturday, March 08, 2008

Grounding and Centering


Grounding and centering has always been a problem for me. I have problems sensing energy, and then following it. For this class, I carefully read the various methods on how to do it. I decided on the simplest, which is taking a deep breath and following the energy inside.

I chose the morning time after my tea. Sitting upright in a chair, I took deep breaths to relax. Then I went inside following my breath stream. At the pit of my stomach, the energy centered itself.

Sitting still, I focused on the earth below. I could feel this energy come up my legs. The energy was warm and red-orange in color. Then, I reached for the sky with my left palm. I chose lifting my palm to balance the energy coming up my right leg. I felt the cool blue energy come down my arm into my stomach. There the circle of energy formed a galaxy of stars. Afterwards the energy strands separated, and I felt refreshed.

The next day, I sat up and only extended my right hand to the sky. I let the earth flow up my left leg. My leg was able to distill the energy’s intensity. Now, a yellow ribbon of energy went inside my stomach.

This time, I felt the mingling of Two Powers. The yellow ribbon became purple from the red energy of the earth and the blue energy of the sky. Raising one arm helped me to direct the energy without making me nauseous. For me, my stomach seems to be the centering and grounding place of energies.

No comments: